KBShimmer Winter 2015 Collection


Hey! Long time no see! At the end of September I got a new job that has kept me hella busy, but not so busy that I couldn't sit down on my day off and do some new collection swatching. Today it's some shades from the brand new KBShimmer Winter 2015 collection.



"Brrr-tiful Dreamer" - A grey-toned purple crelly filled with aqua, silver, dark blue, and fuchsia hexes in several sizes. I used two coats plus top coat.



"Kind of a Big Dill" - A forest green jelly filled with silver holographic hexes. It's like a green version of "Carpe Denim" from the Fall 2015 collection and I love it! I used three coats plus top coat.



"Fleece Navidad" - An ever-so-slightly-grey-white scattered holographic with purple to blue color shifting micro flakes Definitely one of my favorites from the collection! I used three thin coats plus top coat.



I thought the almost white polish would make a pretty background for some of the KBShimmer water slide decals. I used the "Sage Floral" on my ring finger for this look above.


"Owl Miss You" - A tan crelly filled with gold, copper, and bronze metallic flakes. I have a hard time with nude shades, but this one is really amazing with all the flakes! I used three coats plus top coat.



"Chilly Pepper" - A bright and true red creme. This reminds me of the Christian Louboutin "Classic Red" nail polish so much! I swear, it basically painted itself onto my nails. I did find it a bit thin, but if you have shorter nails (and no visible nail line) you could probably get away with one or two coats. I used three coats plus top coat.



This classic, holiday-red seemed like the perfect backdrop for some glitter placement fun! This holiday glitter mix is included in the adorable cosmetic bag bundle that is currently being included for free in all orders over $75!


All the goodies in this bag include a full sized Clearly On Top (Quick Dry Top Coat), a KBShimmer emery board, a KBShimmer magnet, a bag of Holiday Glitter Mix (Approx. 1000 glitter pieces), a 0.75 Mani Shot, a soap sample, a lotion sample, and a scrub sample.


"Claws and Effect" - A navy blue linear holographic filled with aqua flakes. Gah, this one just SCREAMS Winter to me! The flakes are stunning. I used two coats plus top coat.




"Coal in One" - A charcoal linear holographic. To me, this one almost seems to have a hint of sage green to it. I quite like it! I used two coats plus top coat.




These tools might not be new for Winter, but I've been meaning to post about them for a while! I've been testing them out for the past few months and have to say they're pretty great. The fine point tweezers (top left) are excellent for dipping water slide decals and even doing glitter placement. All four tools have an awesome rainbow finish that makes them eye-catching and unique. I am a bit disappointed in the cuticle nippers (bottom right) because they don't seem to be as sharp as my normal pair. Instead of cutting they kind of just mash whatever you're trying to nip off. 


Summary

Brand name: KBShimmer
Release date: November 2nd
Where to buy: www.kbshimmer.com
Where to follow: Facebook & Instagram 

My opinion: This collection is so interesting because parts of it, like "Chilly Pepper" and "Kind of a Big Dill", are very holiday-ish, but then others like "Owl Miss You" seem more like a Autumn shade. But even still, I think that all of these polishes are great because they could be worn any time of the year by themselves. "Fleece Navidad" is basically the perfect snow-like polish if you ask me. So I guess what I'm saying is this isn't your normal Winter collection, but I still love it!

As always, thanks for reading!


*The polishes, tools, and gift bag in this post were provided for my personal and 100% honest review.*

Comments